DIY Guide to Spring Cleaning Your Home, Body, & Mind
Spring is for sure in the air! Yesterday, on my way home from work, it was 56 degrees out! It gave me motivation and today I did some cleaning and organizing. However, I realized spring isn’t only about tidying my home but about decluttering my entire life.
Spring is beautiful time of renewal and getting in touch with your true self. Is 2017 going the way you want it or are there some changes you need to make? Spring is a great time to do that. Here are some tips to spring clean your home, body, and mind. The more you let go of the more room you have for abundance! May 2017 be your best year yet!
No one wants to come home to a disastrous house. You want it to be a place you can relax and feel comfortable in. The more organized you can be, the more you’ll enjoy being home.
Kick the clutter
- donate clothes you haven’t worn in the past 6 months to Goodwill
- throw out any papers/receipts you don’t need
- organize your makeup and beauty products
- clean out your junk drawer
- get in all the nooks and crannies you sometimes *forget* to clean
- here’s a great recipe for an an all purpose cleaner to try that is natural and effective
- All Purpose Cleaner:
- 1/2 cup of vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking soda
- 10 drops of essential oil (citrus, eucalyptus, or tea tree oil are great antibacterials)
- All Purpose Cleaner:
Make it your sanctuary
- get rid of old decor that doesn’t resonate with you
- move furniture around to have better fung shui
- change your lighting to low light that feels warm & cozey
- add a plant or flowers to bring life to a room or rooms in your house
Your body is your temple and you only get one. Sugar, artificial ingredients, and preservatives slow your body down leaving you feeling fatigued, bloated, and sick. Give your body some love and try a few of these quick tips to spring clean your colon, kidneys, & liver! Be sure to first check with your health care provider before trying anything new.
- drink hot lemon water
- try adding more fresh/raw fruits and veggies to your diet (see how many colors you can count in a day)
- limit processed meats intake
- cut out caffeine and sugar drinks
- drink at least half your body weight in ounces of water a day
Even though we’re only about a third of the way through the year, I’m sure most of you have gone through enough stress and don’t have that New Year’s motivation you did January 1. Take some time and “clean” and organize your thoughts.
- start a gratitude journal & write at 3 things your grateful for every day
- try listening to a guided meditation
- Brain dump – at the end of each day write down all your stressors
- Write down what’s working for you and what’s not, then come up with a plan to change make some changes. Remember, YOU are in control of your life.
Try a few of these and I guarantee you’ll feel lighter and better about yourself.